Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Occam archive contains information relevant to the occam programming language and is available via anonymous FTP with an index. A list of books on occam and contact information for the Occam User Group (OUG) are available.
- The transputer and CSP archives.
- Occam Language information including compilers, Internet Parallel Computing Archive information and William of Ockham from WoTUG.
- occam information in the HENSA Internet Parallel Computing Archive, including a page specifically on occam.
- Papers about occam and Programming in Occam books by Geraint Jones.
- The ProCoS archive including information on the ProCoS II project that based its investigations into Provably Correct Systems around the occam and transputer paradigm.
- Oxford Parallel at OUCL.
- Search for "Occam" books in Amazon.
Other online papers:
- Occam's Razor: The Cutting Edge of Parser Technology, Jonathan Bowen and Peter Breuer. In Proc. TOULOUSE 92: Fifth International Conference on Software Engineering and its Applications, Toulouse, France, 7–11 December 1992. Available from EC2, 269/287 rue de la Garenne, 92024 Nanterre Cedex, France.
- Towards a Provably Correct Hardware Implementation of Occam, He Jifeng, Ian Page and Jonathan Bowen. In G.J. Milne and L. Pierre (eds.), Correct Hardware Design and Verification Methods, Proc. IFIP WG10.2 Advanced Research Working Conference, CHARME '93, Arles, France, 24-26 May 1993, Springer-Verlag, LNCS 683, pp 214–225, 1993.
- Occam and CSP subject area high performance computing archive.
- Entry in the Google Directory.
William Occam (c. 1280–1349)
Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem.
No more things should be presumed to exist than are absolutely necessary.
Last updated by Jonathan Bowen, 24 March 2009.