Last ABZ conference:
Orford, Quebec↑, Canada↑, 23–25 February 2010
First ABZ conference: ABZ 2008, British Computer Society, London, UK, 16-18 September 2008
Last ZUM event: ZUM 2007, 17th International Z User Meeting, part of ICECCS 2007, Auckland, New Zealand, 11 July 2007
The Z User Group↑ exists to promote use and development of the Z notation, a formal specification language for the description of and reasoning about computer-based systems. It was formally constituted on Monday 14th December 1992 during ZUM'92. Currently (from June 2012) the officers are:
- Chair: Steve Reeves↑, University of Waikato↑, New Zealand
- Secretary: Randolph Johnson, Arundel System Logic, Maryland, USA
- Treasurer: Jonathan Bowen, Museophile / London South Bank University↑ / University of Westminster↑, UK
The following are ZUG steering committee members and a star (*) indicates a ABZ2008 programme committee member:
- Keijiro Araki, Kyushu University, Japan
- Rob Arthan, Lemma 1, Reading, UK
- * Jonathan Bowen, London South Bank University, UK (Programme Co-Chair)
- Neville Dean, Anglia Polytechnic University, UK
- * John Derrick, University of Sheffield, UK
- Jin Song Dong, National University of Singapore
- Mark d'Inverno, University of Westminster, UK
- Leo Freitas, The University of York, UK
- Wolfgang Grieskamp, Microsoft Research, USA
- * Martin Henson, University of Essex, UK
- Rob Hierons, Brunel University, UK
- * Mike Hinchey, LERO, University of Limerick, Republic of Ireland
- Jonathan Jacky, University of Washington, USA
- * Randolph Johnson, Arundel System Logic, Maryland, USA
- Steve King, University of York, UK
- * Yves Ledru, LSR-IMAG, Grenoble, France
- Petra Malik, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand
- Fiona Polack, University of York, UK
- * Steve Reeves, University of Waikato, New Zealand
- Mark Saaltink, ORA, Ottawa, Canada
- Thomas Santen, Technical University of Berlin, Germany
- Graeme Smith, University of Queensland, Australia
- Susan Stepney, University of York, UK
- Ian Toyn, University of York, UK
- * Mark Utting, University of Waikato, New Zealand
- * Sergiy Vilkomir, East Carolina University, USA
- Jim Woodcock, The University of York, UK
The main activity of the committee members is to organize and act as programme committee for the Z User Meeting. (aka the International Conference of Z Users). From 2000 to 2005, this was organized jointly in cooperation with the International B Conference Steering Committee (APCB) as the International Conference of B and Z Users (ZB).
An ABZ 2008 conference was held at the BCS offices, London, UK, 15–18 September 2008. The event was supported by BCS-FACS and covered ASM, B and Z. The chairs were Egon Börger (ASM), Jonathan Bowen (Z) and Michael Butler (B) and Paul Boca (local organization).
- ZUG Constitution.
- Z User Group Meeting at the FM'99 World Congress, Toulouse, France, 20-24 September 1999.
- The International B Conference Steering Committee (Association de Pilotage des Conférences B — APCB) which organizes B conferences and liaises with ZUG.